Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It's My Birthday!

Today marks a new chapter in my life. God has blessed me to see my 30th birthday. It doesn't even seem like I'm 30. I remember when I just turned 21 and thinking I was grown! Boy was I wrong! I can say that I have grown a lot since then. In my 20's, I most certainly made some stupid decitions that I wish I could have avoided, but looking back, I needed to make those bad ones to know what not to do!
This birthday marks a new era in my life. God is taking me to new heights I never dreamed that I could go! This day is most definitely a new birth!

I often pictured in my mind where I would be and what I would be doing when I turned 30. God's plan was different, but better than I could have ever dreamed! I'm so grateful to have the greatest wife I could ever have (Laneshia) and the best daughter in the world (Aveyona)! I wouldn't be the man I am today without them. I have a wonderful support system in my life. Great family, friends, pastors and church family. I want to thank everyone who supported me at my (almost) surprise party! My wife went above and beyond to show me how much she loves me. I was overwhelmed by the love!

I'm excited for the next chapter in my life. I know God has good plans for me!

Darius

No comments:

Post a Comment